Saturday, October 27, 2007

Boring Pictures and Some Bad News

Don't worry, it's not that bad -- I dropped my aging iPod Mini while going for a jog and it finally gave up the ghost. The screen is cracked and the display is wrecked, and the treble is messed up so it sounds like I'm listening to my music underwater.
Everyone knows it for girls, anyway.

That's okay though, although it makes my jogs a little less fun. I'm thinking about buying a temporary music player -- I've seen 1 Gig Creative Players for only 400 Rand (about $60).

Anyway, here are some pictures from one of the Salt River nature treks:

The walk to Salt River during low tide. It gets a little precarious when the tide is coming in, but it's a beautiful hike.

The Salt River estuary.

Another great view of the beach at Nature's Valley.

Taken from the same spot as the last picture. Look closely and you can see Antarctica.

Some of the kids. The guy standing on the right side of the picture, Stuart, is one of the Eco-guides that takes the kids on the nature walks. Chris and I "work" with him a lot, he's a really cool guy.

The sand beast discovered by Chris and me. That's a baboon tail, but we weren't able to figure out what animal that skeleton belonged to.

More to come.
- Brandon

3 comments:

Michael Valade said...

Hooray! More pics! Looks beautiful! Too bad about your mini.

I got iPod. He got iPod mini! Everyone knows it's for girls!

ruby valade said...

Wow! Those views are amazing! Now you have to actually post some pictures with you in them, more pics of the kids you work with, your roommate, Mac...

Looks like it's a bit chilly where you are, but I will refrain from asking, "Are you dressing warmly?" "Did you bring enough warm clothing with you?" Nope, not gonna ask... : )

Sol Rack said...

Wow, that is some really bad news. I'm really not sure what to say. Imagine being Mr. Baboon and trying to explain to Mrs. Baboon how you lost your tail at a beach party brawl! At least you can brag to the other baboon fellas that you may have lost your tail, but the sand monster didn't know what was coming to him, to the victor the spoils!

On the bright side, your I-Pod may have increased in value. I think you can sell it on e-bay and make bank . . . you can make like 50 to 100 Rand! Good luck with that. Peace!